A Kiwi product – Metrapanel offers strong, durable interior walls and ceilings with a beautifully smooth surface that easily achieves a Level 5 finish. "The walls are straight, strong and solid. It is very comforting knowing your house is built from more than sticks of pine." - Brendon and Treena Hosken
30-50% faster construction than traditional methods, 7.35m high by 2.45m wide, 36mm thick with a smooth finish. The high density of Metrapanel (up to 650 kg/m3) means it is highly resistant to wear and tear.
- Fully BRANZ appraised
- Lifemark accredited
- STC61 rated
- R6.0 rated
- 8/10 Homestar rated
- 7.5 Star HERS rated
- Fire tested
- Density 640kg/m3
- Design flexibility
- Recyclable product
- Level 5 finish
- New Innovative SIP system
The Metrapanel System was developed to create a frameless interior system which replaces timber-frame and plaster-board. According to BRANZ, the system is ‘fit-for-purpose’ and will comply with the NZ Building Code.
Homes built using the Metrapanel System are constructed by Licensed Installers throughout New Zealand. Metrapanel is a product produced by LaminexNZ. The panel is made from compressed wood fibre derived from plantation pine, and heat compressed with an exclusively formulated resin. The re-manufacturing plant then converts the raw board to preprimed Metrapanel after applying two coats of specially formulated Resene sealant.
Metrapanel's solid 2.45m x 7.35m wood panels means there are fewer sheet joins than would be found under timber-framing and plasterboard systems — the homeowner gets the advantage of smooth, strong and durable walls, resulting in extensive cost maintenance savings over time.
- BRANZ Appraisal 364 (2015)
- A plan range that is Lifemark certified and 7/10 Homestar rated
- Available in three sizes; 36mm walls, 25mm floors and ceilings, and 18mm linings
- Durabilty and impact resistance, with 640kg/m3 density
- Level 5 finish with inbuilt insulation
- Optional added STC ratings
- Optional added thermal ratings
- Can achieve a 1S Fire Rating classification for the NZBC and 1 for the NCC upon application of additional specified coatings
- Metrapanel buildings are suitable for all Wind Zones up to and including Very High
- Speed of construction by up to 40-60%, perfected 6 week turnaround for an average 160-180sqm home (based on a team of three)
- 6% more floor space can be achieved with the same footprint, providing larger rooms or an extra small room like an ensuite, office or walk-in wardrobe
- Design flexibility for tailoring the design to individual requirements
- Environmentally conscious recyclable product, with reduced wastage as offcuts can be used for shelving, treds and rises, bath cradles and wardrobe organiser
- Energy efficiency provide 28% savings in cooling and 4% saving in heating energy compared to a typical 94mm traditionally framed hom
SCOPE OF USE:
Metrapanel can be used as a stand-alone product, or complimentary to other systems leveraging a hybrid approach.
The system can be used in the following applications:
- Residential (including a plan range from 55-117m2 smaller scale dwellings to 251m2 for family homes or up to 317m2 for extra spacious living)
- Transportables (including minor dwellings, baches, traditional farm style cottages, granny flats, classrooms and subdivided properties). A factory built environment can deliver a 153sqm transportable house in 4-6 weeks
- Commercial (including internal office fit outs and partitioning, modular components such as bathrooms for high rise structures and purpose built factories, storage units and two storey apartment complexes)
- Retirement (including individual units, duplexes, multi-storey complexes, communal facilities and hospitals)
- Education (including classrooms, gymnasium, school facilities and student accommodation)
- Ceilings (including a Working from Heights ceiling solution, with Metrapanel ceiling diaphragms that can be up to 12m long)