There's no going back
The Metrapanel System was developed to create a frameless interior system which replaces timber-frame and plaster-board. According to BRANZ, the system is ‘fit-for-purpose’ and will comply with the NZ Building Code.
Projects built using the Metrapanel System are constructed by Licensed Installers throughout New Zealand. Metrapanel is a product produced by LaminexNZ where the panel is made from compressed wood fibre derived from plantation pine, and heat compressed with an exclusively formulated resin. Our re-manufacturing plant then converts the raw board to preprimed Metrapanel after applying two coats of specially formulated Resene sealant.
Metrapanel's solid 2.45m x 7.35m wood panels means there are fewer sheet joins than would be found under timber-framing and plasterboard systems — the property owner benefits from smooth, strong and durable walls, resulting in extensive cost maintenance savings over time.
- BRANZ Appraisal 364 (2015)
- Metrapanel buildings take less time to complete and therefore cost less - labour charges are lower, the stopping cost is minimal, finance costs are reduced, and your quote isn’t padded to allow for bad weather days
- Envirolife plan range that is Lifemark certified and 7/10 Homestar rated
- Metrapanel product available in three sizes; 36mm walls, 25mm floors and ceilings, and 18mm linings
- Durabilty and impact resistance, with 650kg/m3 wall density which can easily achieve a level 5 finish
- Inbuilt insulation provides energy efficiency benefits of 28% savings in cooling and 4% saving in heating energy compared to a typical 94mm traditionally framed home
- Metra Inter-tenancy Wall Design and Construction boasts a FRR 30/30/30 fire resistance rating and STC61 sound insulation, which can achieve a 1S Fire Rating classification for the NZBC and 1 for the NCC upon application of additional specified coatings.
- Metrapanel buildings are suitable for all Wind Zones up to and including Very High
- Speed of construction by up to 40-60%, can achieve a 6 week turnaround for an average 160-180sqm home
- 6% more floor space can be achieved with the same footprint, providing larger rooms or an extra small room like an ensuite, office or walk-in wardrobe
- Design flexibility for tailoring the design to individual needs
- Environmentally conscious recyclable product, with reduced wastage as offcuts can be used for shelving, treds and rises, bath cradles and wardrobe organisers
scope of use:
Metrapanel can be used as a stand-alone product, or complimentary to other systems leveraging a hybrid approach.
The system can be used in the following applications:
- Residential (including a standard plan range from 55-117m2 smaller scale dwellings to 251m2 for family homes, or up to 317m2 for extra spacious living)
- Ceilings (including a Working-from-Heights ceiling solution, with Metrapanel ceiling diaphragms that can be up to 12m long)
- Commercial (including internal office fit outs and partitioning, modular components such as bathrooms for high rise structures and purpose built factories, storage units and two storey apartment complexes using I.T Walls)
- Retirement (including individual units, duplexes, multi-storey complexes, communal facilities and hospitals)
- Education (including classrooms, gymnasium, school facilities and student accommodation)
- Transportables (including minor dwellings, baches, traditional farm style cottages, granny flats, classrooms and subdivided properties). A factory built environment can deliver a 153sqm transportable house in 4-6 weeks